5/19/2013

And more chicken...





You know that we want to open the farm at Scooby and use it for educational purposes and one of them is that we learn where our food is coming from, like the eggs and the whole process. This and the fact they have asked me to take up a few poor hens from a chickenbattery, of the egginstrustry, all this makes that we have had our female flying circus grow immensely in quantity, I felt sorry for them because these poor things would have been slaughtered without ever having felt the ground beneath their feet or a male next to them, so I thought that was really sad, so I could not let that happen and now we have them here, and I don’t know if it is because of spring coming near or not, but our rooster just keeps on thanking me for his new companions. Kisses, hugs, bites and an affectionate cock-a-doodle-do